FREEDOM IN CHRIST MINISTRIES INTERNATIONAL
DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
2. Who are we?
Freedom In Christ Ministries International (a charity registered in England number 11600651) is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes, based on what you have opted into when you sign up on our website or our mailing lists.
3. How do we process your personal data?
Freedom In Christ Ministries International complies with its obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: -
· To enable us to provide a voluntary service for the benefit of the public as specified in our constitution;
· To fundraise and promote the interests of the charity;
· To manage our employees and volunteers;
· To maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of Gift Aid applications);
· To inform you of news, events, activities and other items of interests concerning Freedom In Christ Ministries International.
You can see the basic information we hold about you and change it here (you must have an account and be logged in).
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
· Your explicit consent so that we can keep you informed about news, events, and other activities concerning Freedom In Christ Ministries International.
· Processing is necessary for carrying out legal obligations in relation to Gift Aid or under employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement.
5. Sharing your personal data
· Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will never be shared with any third party without your explicit consent.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
· We will keep your personal data for the purpose of keeping in touch with you whilst it is still current or until you instruct us otherwise. We retain Gift Aid declarations and associated paperwork for up to 6 years after the calendar year to which they relate.
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: -
· The right to request a copy of your personal data which Freedom In Christ Ministries International holds about you – you can access this by logging into your account at www.ficminternational.org;
· The right to request that Freedom In Christ Ministries International corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
· The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Freedom In Christ Ministries International to retain such data;
· The right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your data at any time;
· The right to request that Freedom In Christ Ministries International will provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable) [Only applies where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and in either case the data controller processes the data by automated means];
· The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
· The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable) [Only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics];
· The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
8. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing
9. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact the Freedom In Christ Ministries International office on (+44) 118 321 8084 or email@example.com.
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on (+44) 303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF, UK.